I was TOTALLY surprised and excited when Jamie, over at Whisked Away nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award! Jamie and her family moved from Arizona to New Zealand (!!!) and it’s so fun to see what she’s cooking on the other side of the world. I have to say she has me craving apples and fall already 😀 She’s also inspired me to give homemade bagels a try. You guys should definitely check out her blog! Thanks again Jamie!
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
Seven things about me:
1. I went to college in Potsdam, NY, which is right on the Canadian border. Even in -20 degree weather, classes were NEVER canceled! Now I complain if it’s below 60….
2. I was obsessed with pigs when I was little (okay, they still have a place in my heart) and had a collection of over 100 various stuffed animals, statues and other pig trinkets.
3. I’m a Yankees fan living in Boston and dating a New England EVERYTHING fan #RelationshipProblems
4. I had perfect attendance from kindergarten until 10th grade, and even participated in a spelling bee in 2nd grade with pink eye, wearing an eye patch. I came in 3rd!
5. I played tennis and lacrosse in college, and I broke a rib in my second to last lacrosse game senior year. Not wanting to miss my senior game, I wrapped my entire torso in tape and bandages and played anyways.
6. I had never been outside of North America, until I started my consulting job in 2009 and traveled to China, France and Germany within 3 months.
7. I dream of opening a cafe or food truck someday…
1. Hearty Housewife – Catie is one of my college friends who shares her healthy recipes along with other lifestyle related content. I love to follow her book recommendations, and her meal prep posts keep me totally inspired to eat healthy in new and creative ways!!
2. Emerging Adult Eats – Rachel has the funniest sense of humor, which she incorporates perfectly into her food blog. Her spicy shrimp rolls are to die for!
3. Bring to the Boil – Aliya takes wonderful pictures to accompany her recipes, and she made a totally crave-worthy homemade tortellini that’s on my to-make list!
4. Sweet Tea Sweetie – Kari blends her southern roots with a California flair. She shared a super unique recipe for a turkey and wild rice salad which I just love!
5. I Say Nomato – Cristina cooks Nightshade Free (check out her site for more info on nightshades!), and though I don’t suffer from this food allergy, I love her recipes. Her weekly lunch roundups give me great ideas to take to work!